Cancellation Fees & Refunds
Cascade Adventure reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time (typically due to unsafe backcountry travel conditions, or unsafe riding or behavior demonstrated by a Client). In the event of a cancellation due to unsafe backcountry conditions, the customer will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule or receive a 90% refund. If a Cascade Adventure guide cancels a tour after warning a client of reckless riding, endangering others, or potentially damaging our equipment, the client will not receive a refund, regardless of time spent on a snow bike.
- Cancellation by the client 2 weeks prior to start of reservation – 90% refund. (To cover credit card fees)
- Cancellation by the client 5 days prior to start of rental reservation date for 75% refund.
- Cancellation by the client within 48 hours prior to start of rental reservation date – 50% refund.
- Cancellation by client day of, or Client no-show, will forfeit client of any refund, and Cascade Adventure will keep the full amount of reservation.
- Cancellation by Cascade Adventure during client skill assessment, will be based upon a pro-rated hourly scale, with a base rate of $100.
Cascade Adventure does not provide insurance for equipment, or first / third party liability. YOU are responsible for the safety of yourself, others around you, other peoples equipment, and our equipment. There is no guarantee of safety for the day, please ride responsibly.
Check with your own insurance provider to see if they provide these types of coverage for your participation in this type of activity.
If you are not comfortable with this policy, please do not continue with your reservation.
- In the event a client has an accident, such as crashing into a tree, hitting another rider, another rider hitting them, the client will be required to use their own personal liability insurance. If a client is involved in an accident with a third party, and is found liable, the client is responsible for damages incurred to the third party’s person/equipment. Ride Safe!
- Please inform us of any pre-existing medical injuries or conditions.
Equipment Loss, and Damage Deposit:
We require a $1000 damage deposit for every snow bike rental, which covers damage incurred by the client. You are given time prior to your ride to inspect the machine to note any prior issues / damage.
Prior to orientation, Cascade Adventure will charge each client credit/debit card $1000 for a damage deposit credit authorization. Upon snow bike return and satisfactory damage assessment, the clients $1000 damage deposit will be refunded. Should any equipment sustain damage, or is lost while in possession of renter, Cascade Adventure will deduct repair/replacement cost, labor, and any lost business from damage deposit. If any balance remains from the damage deposit it will be returned. If repair cost exceeds the $1000 damage deposit, the Client is responsible for complete cost of repair if such an event happens.
Some of the parts you could break if you have an accident:
- Brake Lever – $20
- Plastics (Fenders, Radiator Shrouds, Sidepanels) $25 -$120
- Torn Seat – $50 – $150
- Ski Spindle – $250
- Ski – $350
- Hand guards $125
- Radiator – $100 per side
- Coolant Heated Handlebars – $250
- Headlight – $100
- Exhaust Header – $450
- Track Rails – $400/ea
- Snowbike track – $1200
- Broken Forks – $1500
Damage costs and repair labor will be determined on a case by case basis. Repair labor is based on $75/hr shop rate. We are fair and honest, and expect you to be as well.
Required Documents for Renting:
Cascade Adventure & the State of Washington requires all renters to have the following documents:
- Valid drivers license or Passport & your country’s drivers license
We will take a photocopy of your proof of identification for our records.
Snow bike Rental Pickup, Return, and Dropoff
- Pickup/tour start time is at agreed upon time made between Client and Cascade Adventure at designated staging area.
- All rentals are to be returned to designated staging area accompanied by a guide, at the agreed upon time determined during orientation.
- For late equipment/rider or past pre-determined drop off time, Cascade Adventure will charge the client $150/hour for search efforts, etc. which will be deducted from the damage deposit.